1

If marriage is so difficult, why should I even consider it?



    
    

Clarify • Share • Report • Asked December 29 2015 • Mini Anonymous (via GotQuestions)

Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.

1 ★
Shea S. Michael Houdmann Supporter Got Questions Ministries
"Marriage should be honored by all" (Hebrews 13:4). A biblical marriage, consisting of one man and one woman in a loving, lifelong commitment, is an honorable and godly institution. Fads come and g...

December 29 2015 • 0 responses • Vote Up • Share • Report


0 ★
My picture Jack Gutknecht Supporter Arizona Bible College & Dallas Seminary graduate, Pentair
The question is, "If marriage is so difficult, why should I even consider it?" Once when I was a pastor and preaching, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth" (Genesis 1:28), afterwards a young Christian couple with lots of children already (at least 4, probably 5), came up after my sermon and asked me if I thought that they should have more kids. I being young myself and still single didn't know what to say. But this was an adorable couple with well-behaved kids. I know that we Christians have to ask God for wisdom, but I believe God has already given us wisdom. I think I should have said, "yes." The more kids --> then the more lights in the world for Christ!

True, marriage is difficult and I know parents may have different views on how to raise children. That can be a real source of conflict in the home! This Christian couple that I was counselling did not appear at odds with one another at all. 

If you are thinking of having children outside of holy wedlock, forget it. But if you want children, Christian marriage is the only way to go.

1 day ago • 0 responses • Vote Up • Share • Report


Add your Answer

All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.

What makes a good answer? ▼

A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.

  1. Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
  2. Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
  3. Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
  4. Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
  5. For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible
Header
  1. 4000 characters remaining