0

What are some psalms to counteract fear and stress?



    
    

Clarify • Share • Report • Asked October 30 2021 • Mini Anonymous

Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.

2 ★
My picture Jack Gutknecht Supporter Arizona Bible College & Dallas Seminary graduate, Pentair
When fearful, pray Psalm 94:19, NIRV: “I was very worried. But your comfort brought me joy.”

When fearful, remember Psalm 46:1: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”

When fearful, trust Psalm 56:3-4 3: “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise- in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” And also Psalm 112:7, English Standard Version (ESV): “7 He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.”

To overcome stress, use these:

Take a step back:
Psalm 43:5 NLT: “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!”

Stop and pray:
Psalm 55:22: “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”

Trust God's plan:
Psalm 112:7: “He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.” (ESV)

https://scripturememory.com/verselocker/collections/browse

I know that praying is always appropriate when encountering fear or stress!

December 28 2021 • 0 responses • Vote Up • Share • Report


Add your Answer

All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.

What makes a good answer? ▼

A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.

  1. Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
  2. Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
  3. Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
  4. Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
  5. For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible
Header
  1. 4000 characters remaining